[Dixielandjazz] Query. The Anderson fake book. Take -2

Augustine Daniel ds.augustine at utexas.edu
Mon Jul 27 21:24:35 EDT 2020

    Does it have to be the Anderson leadsheet?
    I've got two leadsheets for the tune:
a) from David Littlefield's fakebook (volume 1); and
b) from the PRJC fakebook.
    I can send you either or both, just lemme know.

    Dan Augustine
-----------------------
On Jul 27, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> On 25 Jul 2020, at 1:22 PM, Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
> Yesterday, while responding to an off-list request from Bob Ringwald regarding Turk Murphy's recordings of the song "The Torch", I am revisiting it's complicated copyright.
> A subject we discussed on the DJML back in September 2008. And covered in detail by my listmate Dick Baker in his Annotated Stomp Off Tunes Index.
>
> It is in my copy of 'Anderson' as item No. 1113. Composed by Harry Herschel (1928). As registered in the 1928 LoC Copyright Entries book.
> Crosschecking (as I do) I looked in my copy of the latest 'Anderson Index' and it is credited to Eddie Condon, 1941!
> I do not have the book.
> Can someone, with the latest 'Anderson' please send me a copy of tune No. 8190, "Torch (When You Carry The)"?
Com'n folks,
Someone on the List must have the latest 'Anderson' book.
I still need the lead sheet for tune No. 8190, "Torch (When You Carry The)".
Kind regards.
Bill.

** Dan Augustine -- Austin, Texas -- ds.augustine at utexas.edu
**     "The road to wisdom? - Well, it's plain and simple to express:
**               Err / and err / and err again /
**               but less / and less / and less."     -- Piet Hein