[Dixielandjazz] new song on YouTube & faceBook

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:32:19 EDT 2020

If I have a preferred song, this is it!

Our band hasn’t been able to get together since March, but today we
gathered to have a look at a few new songs (for us!).  Here’s “Sentimental
Journey”.  https://youtu.be/dKjkrO7WO4Y

Llovely, Jim!

If Ihave a preferred song, this is it!  I have just forwarded it to my jazz
friends.

Cheers!

As you will see, we were all following the advise of the health authorities
maintaining distances & wearing masks. Well, ok, it is a bit hard to play a
wind instrument with a mask on, but we put them on when we weren’t
playing.

Also, had a look at Weary Blues & Si Tu Vois Ma Mere. Both Si Tu Vois &
Sentimental Journey we have, over the years, played but they never took off
for us.  Both tunes we tried a bit up tempo from the norm, and it works for
us better in both cases.  Still, for the songs to begin to actually
function well requires playing live over & over, until they become
natural.  A practice is never the same!

No possible gigs in the future as everything musical is closed down.  Our
drummer is with the Lion King show, but they won’t be opening again before
next March!

We have 3 gigs booked for Sept, but no idea if the clubs will be open or
not.  Depends.  Meanwhile, we wear masks & try to stay away from others as
much as possible.

Take care, everyone.  Jim