[Dixielandjazz] Edinburgh Jazz Festival's Tubaramas

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 17:56:01 EST 2020

Mike was a banjo player, so what would you expect?  His 1984 Advocates of
Jazz were pretty good, though.  I went to the Tubarana that year, and found
the Tiger Rag a lot of fun, although hardly earth-shaking jazz
performance.  Eli Newberger (and not Weiberger) was there.  His playing was
great!  I don't think that the New Black Eagles have ever been the same
after he left.  I don't remember a Banjorama, but it might have been
because I would not have attended such a gathering.
Cheers