[Dixielandjazz] Jelly Roll

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Mon Aug 3 13:18:49 EDT 2020

At 09:00 AM 8/3/2020, you wrote:
>From: Brian Harvey <cherry.grove667 at gmail.com>
>Doe Jelly Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers band recordings of "High Society"
>and "Doctor Jazz" appear on any CDs?
>
>I don't s seem able to locate any.
>
>Brian Harvey

Doctor Jazz by RHP is on several CDs:
         Chronological 1926-1928 (Classics 612, 1991)
         Doctor Jazz (Jazz Greats 017, 1996, UK)
         Original Versions of... (BMG 07863 66103-2, 1992)

I can supply copies if you'd like--they're surely all out of print by now.

Oddly, I can't seem to find a RHP version of High Society; I have
only Morton's Kings of Jazz and New Orleans Jazzmen.  I don't think
he recorded it with the Red Hot Peppers.

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org