[Dixielandjazz] Bob Barnard

Jack fjmitch2 at bigpond.com
Tue Apr 28 01:49:25 EDT 2020

On 28/04/2020 4:31 am, ROBERT R. CALDER wrote:
> Bob Barnard
> He came to Edinburgh with his band in 1983, and I've mentioned before on this list the amazing gig with Henri Chaix on piano, Al Casey on guitar, and Earle Warren in addition to playing alto pretty well taking over from Bob as leader.  Bob was presumably as delighted as were several others when Warren at the end of Chaix's solo on "Take the A Train" had him take another without the drummer and Bob's brother on bass.

Robert,

Bob's brother Len played piano and drums- I've never heard of him
playing bass and I've been following their careers since 1949. Bob used
to play a feature with his bass player Wally Wickham which he called
JUST WALLY AND ME, it was usually MY BLUE HEAVEN. Sometimes the rest of
the band would join it for the final bars.

Best wishes

Jack Mitchell