[Dixielandjazz] Uncle Yoke's Black Dogs

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 06:18:45 EDT 2020

Thanks Bill, those are indeed the guys I knew. We had a lot of fun
together as there 7 of them and 9 in Fat Sam's Band, so after-gig
*relaxation* was pretty boisterous.

Talking of hard-swinging trumpet leads who were also strong soloists,is
Bob Barnard still to the fore? I played with him a few times when he was
booked for the Edinburgh Jazz Festival and he had those things in
spades, but he also had eloquence when called for: a real jazzer and a
team player with an unassuming good nature that made him a delight to
work with.

Regards to you and your Paisley Buddy buddy,

Stay safe and well,

Ken