[Dixielandjazz] Sup hive mind! Best examples of Gospel-real trad crossover?

Madison T maditayl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:11:29 EDT 2020

Obviously there are a lot of trad standards that are considered gospel
tunes but I'm looking for examples of 20-30's era crossover that leans
heavier on the gospel side of things. Not necessarily trad that was super
religious, but trad that stylistically leans towards gospel but still
contains the instrumentation, context and influence of trad. Hopefully
ya'll know what I'm getting at.

Looking forward to hearing back and I hope everyone is staying safe and
well!

thanks,
Madison

btw please reply all, I included my friend, who I would like to be part of
the convo