[Dixielandjazz] Victor Feldman

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:16:15 EDT 2020

This is incredible, but the famous 100 Club in London started in 1942 as
The Feldman Swing Club, featuring, in addition to various wonderful swing
musicians the 8 year old Victor on drums.  Both the club and Victor Feldman
became famous over the years.  Victor Feldman moved to the US and became an
internationally celebrated star; not strictly from Dixie, but neither a
modernist.
The club became The Jazzshows Jazz Club (I visited it often during the few
weeks I was in London  in 1964), and then - the100 Club.  One a - if not
the - premier jazz club, over the last few decades it has featured punk and
pop.
So here is a link to a Feldman performance on  BBC TV’s “The Best of Jazz”
https://youtu.be/LLwvdv5oWVw?list=RDLLwvdv5oWVw
Enjoy