[Dixielandjazz] SOUNDS OF MARDI GRAS 2020

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Oct 17 09:47:27 EDT 2019

SOUNDS OF MARDI GRAS 2020From: Linda Shipp FNP
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:19 PM

Subject: SOUNDS OF MARDI GRAS 2020

                                Sounds of Mardi Gras 2020
                                Presented by the Fresno Dixieland Society

                                Fresno DoubleTree by Hilton
                                February 6 - 9, 2020

                                Sounds of Mardi Gras 2020
                                Newsworthy:  Sierra Seven Jazz Band will make its Sound of Mardi Gras premier in 2020.  With the passing of Earl McKee and retirement of Stan and Bruce Huddleston, the familiar sound so beloved will continue to entertain us.  Bay City Swing from Oregon is new to our festival and recently triumphant in Sacramento.  They bring a youthful enthusiasm that will delight listeners and dancers alike.  After a year off, Sister Swing will return in 2020.  Much to our dismay, not returning in 2020 will be Tom Hook who is staying closer to home and foregoing west coast festivals.  Dave Stuckey will be in Europe performing and not able to entertain us in 2020.

                                Sponsorships and Badge Sales:  Badge and Sponsorships purchased online or with a credit card at the festival, now have a 3% service charge.  To avoid the service charge, make your purchases or sponsorships by mailing a check with the ORDER FORM.  Also note that the Thursday Night Pre-Party is now included with the 4-Day Badge.  We gladly accept sponsorships and donations anywhere, anytime, day or night.

                                Volunteers: Every year we are grateful to all our volunteers.  Volunteers can earn a same day pass for completing an assignment of 4 hrs on Friday, 4 hrs on Saturday or 2 hrs on Sunday.  If you are interested in volunteering, please visit www.fresnodixie.com and visit our VOLUNTEER APPLICATION page.  Do this ASAP.  See you in February.
                                                                        Linda

                                NOTICE:  Catch Linda at Pismo, Chandler or San Diego if you have questions about the Sounds of Mardi Gras 2020.  Linda is also happy to sell you a $50 ticket which helps raise money  to support our Youth Program.

                                Special Events
                                Putting on the Ritz Parade - Gangsters and Dolls Theme: Every festival's favorite dressup theme returns to Sounds of Mardi Gras.  Start getting your outfits together.

                                Swing Night Dance - WWII Theme:  Friday night is our always popular Swing Dance with a WWII Theme. You will relive and dance to the music which was the background to America's war.  You are encouraged to honor our Armed Service Men and Women by wearing your uniform or costume that honors the men and women who served.
                                Parasol Parade: Bring your parasol or use one of ours and parade to the beat and music of the second line taking you to the reverie of New Orleans Mardi Gras.

                                Masquerade and Costume Parade:  Definitely the festival favorite every year.  2019 brought out the Tom Rigneys on Parade.  It is fun to participate or simply sit and enjoy a most colorful and interesting parade.  You will not have this much fun anywhere else.

                                Mardi Gras Music and Dance Party:   Saturday night is the Mardi Gras Dance Party bringing the energy of a Louisiana fais do-do.  A definite party and dance not to be missed.

                                Wind Down Dinner Dance: The Wind Down Dinner will be Sunday night at the DoubleTree by Hilton.  The Wind Down Dinner Ticket includes entry to the Sunday Night Dance.  You may also just buy an entry ticket for the dance only.  This is the one last chance to see and say goodbye to all your old and new festival friends.

                                ....Badge Sales, Lodging & Travel
                                Badge Sales
                                Visit our website to PURCHASE BADGES or simply get more info about our festival.  Badge and Sponsorships purchased online or with a credit card at the festival, now have a 3% service charge.  To avoid the service charge, make your purchases or sponsorships by mailing a check with the ORDER FORM.  Also note that the Thursday Night Pre-Party is now included with the 4-Day Badge.  All EVENT BADGE  purchases and sponsor packets will be available at WILL CALL starting Thursday before the Pre Party.    No badges or packets will be mailed.  You can also purchase BADGES and SPONSORSHIPS at the festival.

                                Lodging
                                The DoubleTree sales out every year.  If you want to stay in the host hotel, make your reservations early.  This year you can make DOUBLETREE ONLINE RESERVATIONS.  You can also call the DoubleTree by Hilton in Fresno at 559.268.1000 to make your reservation.  La Quinta Fresno Yosemite 559.442.1110 is the best alternative only a couple of blocks away; less expensive and shuttle service to and from festival.  Also one block away is the newly remodeled Travelodge 559.233.9300.

                                 RV
                                There are a few RV sites (dry parking only) directly across the street from the DoubleTree, but, you need to hurry and make your reservation.  To reserve your RV Space, call directly to The Boat Shoppe at 559.443.1025.

                                Travel:  Air or Train
                                Alaska Airlines has direct flights to Fresno from Portland, Seattle, Phoenix and San Diego.  Other airlines also fly into Fresno Yosemite airport.  The Amtrak Station is very near by for those traveling by train.  The DoubleTree shuttle can pick you up from either the airport or train station.

                                Fresno Dixieland Society

                                Sunday Dances

                                Forward to a Friend

                                About Our eMails
                                We respect your privacy and understand how many unsolicited eMails you may receive.  We will not disclose or share your email.  Our goal is to only send you at least one email monthly (Alfredo's work or time have not permitted monthly send outs.....oh well...so this email is long overdue).  The reason for using this email program named MailChimp, is that it allows you the recipient to UNSUBSCRIBE.  When you UNSUBSCRIBE, your email address is removed from our mailing list automatically.  If you have received this email in error, please UNSUBSCRIBE.  We hope that you will continue to subscribe and ask that you add your name by clicking on update subscription preferences below.  Thank You for your support and time, Alfredo.

                                update subscription preferences   unsubscribe from this list

                                Our mailing address is:

                                Sounds of Mardi Gras - Fresno Dixieland Society
                                PO Box 16399
                                Fresno, CA 93755

                                Add us to your address book

                                Copyright © 2019 Sounds of Mardi Gras - Fresno Dixieland Society, All rights reserved.
                                Fresno Dixieland Society has compiled this eMail list from our festival surveys, credit card purchases and contact information submitted at www.fresnodixie.com. This list is exclusively for the use of Fresno Dixieland Society and will not be shared.