[Dixielandjazz] Dixie, 1973, Spain

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Fri Nov 22 12:16:05 EST 2019

Well at least you weren't shot!

Ron L

From: jim at kashprod.com [mailto:jim at kashprod.com]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2019 6:19 AM
To: Ron
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Dixie, 1973, Spain

And, while I have your attention, here is a link to a single recorded in I
think about 1973.  It is a Spanish singing group, and is backed by myself on
trombone, the trumpeter that was with the Canal Street Jazz Band at that
time, Joe Moro, and our pianist, Fernando Sobrino.

"Desde Santurce a Bilbao Blues Band".
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHGwbtY7vBo>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHGwbtY7vBo

The song played for about one day on National Radio before being banned, due
to the lyrics being about not conforming.  Those were General Franco times!

If anyone on the list understands Spanish, you will enjoy the lyrics.  "Take
away your stress with the tv, don't stick your finger in your nose, don't
wear a urinal on your head, don't smoke hachis, don't change your opinion,
etc!"  Not the sort of thing for a strict political regime!!!

Jim