[Dixielandjazz] Question About Trevor Richards

Bert mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 00:58:49 EDT 2019

Hello Bob,

The different sources have some conflicting dates esp. the first 20 years, however the general picture is:

1945 - born in Bexhill-on-Sea, near Hastings - UK
About age 20 - moved to the USA, first New York,
after a while - to New Orleans

In 1972 started touring the world with his trio. And literally the world, also remember his name from festivals in Europe.
Back to New Orleans in 1982

Since Katrina, 29. August 2005, exactly on his 60th birthday, Trevor mainly lives in Engeland again.

Kind regards,

Bert Brandsma

From: Robert Ringwald <rsr at ringwald.com>

In the 1960s and ’70s I worked at a night club in Sacramento, CA. From time to time we would have special concerts from out of town bands. One band was the Trevor Richards Trio. Can anyone tell me where the band’s home base was? London?