[Dixielandjazz] FW: 140423 - The New Melbourne Jazz Band 1984 Sacramento Jazz Jubilee

Ross Anderson rossanmjband at iprimus.com.au
Tue May 28 01:04:57 EDT 2019

Dear Friends,

35 Years ago The Month of May 1984 The New Melbourne Jazz Band had our first Invitation to the USA jazz circuit.

Our Great Friend ,”Bruce Martin” had taken a tape recording of the band the year before and gave it to Judy Borcher the International Band Co-ordinator at Sacramento

It was one of the “BEST” Events we have ever been invited to participate in!

We , Beryl and I are still in contact with our dear friend Judy.

The “Band” members are Ian Walkear “Reeds”, Derek Reynolds “Trumpet”,

John Murray “Trombone”, Clint Smith “Banjo”, Rex Swan “Drums” (Sadly Passed Away),

Ross Anderson “Bass and Leader”.

It was the first of 14 trips to the USA and Canada !!

“GREAT MEMORIES !!!!”

The NMJB is still doing regular “Gigs”  thanks to all our friends who support us.

Best Wishes to you All.

Cheers, Ross

www.newmelbournejazzband.com <http://www.newmelbournejazzband.com>

This works .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95cs77J3_1g