[Dixielandjazz] [EXTERNAL] Re: Copying LPs to CDs

Ling, Andy Andy.Ling at grassvalley.com
Thu Mar 28 06:03:02 EDT 2019

> Yes. I've saved each file as a wave file. My process is as follows:

OK, so now we need to find out which bit of the process is failing.
When you find a track on a CD that won't play, go back to the saved
WAV file. Will that play on your computer? Use something like VLC player
or your favourite media player. If that plays OK, then it is a problem
writing the data to the CD. If it doesn't, then it is something wrong
with the process of splitting up the tracks.

If it is the writing process, then try writing at a slower speed. If that
still doesn't help, try a different make of blank CD. There may be some
other setting in the CD authoring software that might help.

If the WAV file doesn't play then does the track play in the original
"full" recording? If it does, remake the track WAV and try again.

And just a quick comment about your process to make the tracks.
If you are happy with it, fine, but do have a look at the YouTube
clip I posted a few days ago (see below). It describes a way of
putting markers all through the original recording, then using a single
process to split the recording at each marker to create the tracks.
You end up with the same sort of thing you do, but it might be a bit quicker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ewbraagj8

Hope that helps and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Andy Ling