[Dixielandjazz] San Francisco Jazz lyrics

Jack fjmitch2 at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 19 23:15:09 EDT 2019

On 19/03/2019 8:45 pm, Jean Marc Ternois wrote:

> I'm looking for the Lyrics of "San Francisco Jazz" sung by Bob Schulz
> with the Turk Murphy's Jazz Band at the Concord Jazz Festival on
> August 10, 1986.

Jean Marc, I have a copy of a radio programme  by Turk from San
Francisco- 29 September 1985. Bob Schultz sings the song - I've
transcribed the words as  best I can.  A couple I might have misheard
and a few I don't know at all - I suspect they are locations within San
Francisco. For what it's worth, here is my effort.

Best wishes

Jack Mitchell

San Francisco Jazz

It's bold and brassy as

sunset through the Golden Gate.

I hear a cornet croonin' solo  on a corner in a ???

??? razzle dazzle dazzle to make you glue to the tune

San Francisco jazz

 From here to Alcatraz

echoing across the Bay

from ???? to Chinatown

all around you is the sound of the Bay.

San Francisco jazz

is cool and classy as

Samson on a barefoot day

Just hear the singing of the strings below the pavement

That's where the able cable cars do climb one more time.

San Francisco has that San Francisco jazz

once you hear it you're here to stay

 From ??? to   ??? just hear the sound and you 're bound to stay.

                                         E and OE