[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 195, Issue 19

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 13:36:21 EDT 2019

Hi Guys,

I'm not trying to be referee but the German noun Waller means pilgrim or
traveler, while there are a few German words for catfish in my
dictionaries and probably several more in local dialects. The commonest
seem to be Katzenfisch (natch), Wels/Katzenwels and, less common,
getigerte Hai, although quite how a fresh-water fish comes to be called
a tiger-striped shark is a mystery to me. Either way, I much prefer
Waller's Yacht Club Swing to catfish any day.

Cheers,

Ken

---
https://www.avg.com