[Dixielandjazz] learning tenor four string banjo tuned gdae

Kevin Yeates kyeates at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 13:58:28 EDT 2019

Kirk,
You may find some of the stuff on this site to be helpful
https://www.tenor-banjo-tabs.com/

Everything is written for tenor banjo tuned GDAE.
When you say you are learning to play tenor, are you wanting to learn to play rhythm in a trad jazz band, play with an Irish band, play chord melody style, play single note lead style or ....?  I ask as I would refer to you a different book, or on-line teacher, or YouTube video, depending on what direction you are wanting to go. If you already play guitar and have a solid understanding of music theory, I would advise you differently than if you had no musical background at all.
Can you enlighten us a bit in that regard?
Kevin YeatesVancouver, Canada