[Dixielandjazz] Ted des Plantes has newly available music

Joe Bebco joe.syncopatedtimes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:02:43 EST 2019

Yes, Colin Hancock is amazing, he has dozens of those new recreations
on his youtube channel: SemperPhonographCo. Many of them he is playing
every instrument and overdubbing it all onto cylinders. His college
group, The Original Cornel Syncopators, formed for an ODJB centennial
concert, has been playing San Diego Jazz Fest for the last few years.
But he graduates in the spring and everyone is wondering what he'll do
from here (besides Grad School.) He's also taught himself a huge
amount of early jazz history for someone his age. I get to see him at
the JASS Syracuse monthly meeting in March.

Joe Bebco
Associate Editor
SyncopatedTimes.com (315) 507-5490
A monthly newspaper covering Hot Jazz, Ragtime, and Swing.