[Dixielandjazz] Change of address

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Fri Jan 25 15:30:13 EST 2019

I sent the following from my new address but apparently it wasn't
accepted. I'm resending it from my old address.

What do I have to do to get my new address recognised?

JM

Thanks to a good friend I now have a copy on CD of the following 78 rpm
disc:-

BING CROSBY with the  JESTERS and BOB HAGGART'S ORCHESTRA

W73221    WHO PUT THE OVERALLS IN MRS. MURPHY'S CHOWDER?        Decca
(Australian) Y6068

W73909    FEUDIN' AND FIGHTIN' Decca (Australian) Y6068

Wild Bill Davison opens the first side  with an fiery introduction and
there is a dixieland style chorus about two minutes in. This is
certainly not a HOT JAZZ CLASSIC but is of interest to Wild Bill
tragics. It was recorded on 6 December 1945. Can anyone identify the
other musicians? Could be associated with Condon/ Nick's.

Wild Bill is not on the reverse (from a later session). This time
musicians are heard behind the vocals. The trumpet does not sound (to
me) like any of Condon's usual associates. Any clues?

I know this is trivial in the big scheme of things but I'd like to know.
Also it's unlikely that only one side was cut at the sessions - maybe
we'll turn up something of greater worth.

Best wishes

Jack Mitchell

PS: About three weeks ago I sent an email to this site about my new
email address fjmitch2 at bigpond.com but am still receiving the messages
at my old address, which will soon become history.