[Dixielandjazz] re Question regarding Isle Of Capri

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Thu Jan 10 18:51:14 EST 2019

When Colyer was in New Orleans in the early 50s I was doing weekend gigs with makeup bands made up of a core of rotating musicians. We  played jazz standards and popular hits. Almost all the bands had Isle of Capri in their repertoire, so if Colyer got around at all, he heard the tune in the city. I had the Wingy's 78rpm record, and I think most of the guys knew about it. ("Oh, Capra, on the isle/all dressed up in the latest style/listen to this trumpet, bear with me/and knock me off the Isle of Capri")

Charlie