[Dixielandjazz] re Question regarding Isle Of Capri

Bert mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 01:21:45 EST 2019

Thanks Jack,

That was exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
Just checked the Russ Morgan record, indeed that hardly qualifies as jazz, that's danceband playing quite similar to those British bands, no single note improvised, and a very polite groove.
With that I don't want to imply that danceband playing is less interesting, but I'm really trying to find out how Colyer got it and as he was a huge fan of N.O. type of playing, he won't have it from Morgan or the British dancebands, I guess.
I will ask Chris as well if he has any memories about the Colyer recording date, when I see him again.
There is a youtube thing of the Rollini record as well on the internet, with the trio. Since I'm personally a huge fan of Rollini, always a delight for me, but probably not what interested Ken.

So either Manone or Fazola look like the most likely candidates.

Many thanks again for your help, highly appreciated.

Bert