[Dixielandjazz] Limehouse Blues

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 13:05:15 EST 2019

Hi Al (et al!),

Not my two cents' worth, but the opinion of Dick Hyman in his *100
Tunes.* or, to give it its full title, *Dick Hyman's Professional Chord
Changes and Substitutions for 100 Tunes Every Musician Should Know*.
Snappy, eh?

He says 3 bars of Db9 followed by a split bar Db9 / B9 / and what's good
for Dick ought to be good for the rest of us, although I'm sure Art
Tatum would have thought of some substitutions to avoid playing 3 bars
without a change.

Regards,

Ken

---