[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 18:39:05 EST 2019

Just back from a mini-festival (well, hardly, as only three groups were
featured) in Tel-Aviv.
The first one on stage was Eli and the Chocolate Factory, in better form
than usual.  The programme was mainly standards, including Creole Love Call
- with no clarinets!  It also featured a pretty good singer whose name I
don't recall.  Her best song was "Wild Women Don't Have the Blues."
The band that followed was hardly OKOM, so I'll make no comments thereon.
Then came The New Orleans Function, with guest Jacques Sany, twice the
featured soloist at the New York Sidney Bechet Society concerts.  It
sounded great!  Again - very well played traditional standards.  Eli
Preminger played the cornet.
Since I have mentioned bot the Chocolate Factory and the New Orleans
Function more than once, I shall not go into details.
On the whole - pretty good!
Cheers