[Dixielandjazz] Opinion: standing or sitting

philwilking philwilking at cox.net
Wed Feb 13 18:12:52 EST 2019

If you are more comfortable sitting, you will play better that way. Let
those two stand as "flankers" to the rest of the band. Or sit in two rows
with the standees flanking the back line.

I have heard many bands in the New Orleans area, and almost all of them sit.
As an audience member, I don't care about that; I care how they sound.

So, again, if you are more comfortable sitting, sit. You will play better
than if you stand.

Phil Wilking - K5MZF
www.nolabanjo.com

Unless each one is covered in its own