[Dixielandjazz] My Angeline lyrics

Maurice Walker mwalker637 at aol.com
Sun Dec 29 16:02:42 EST 2019

HI, everyone, Starting with a text I found online, I have revised it based on listening to the Mississippi Maulers' recording.   You make them stare everywhere, my Angeline You've got that style [that] makes me wild, my Angeline Now watch them wink when she passes by Now don't you think I'm the luckiest guy [ They're proud of me, proud of me (?), my Angeline, ]    <<< in the online text They try to make, try to take, my Angeline,                   <<< my attempted re-work The big parade ain't got a shade on her and my _______    Her lips are sweeter, sweeter than wine That sugar of mine, my Angeline.    I can't even guess at the missing word, other than it rhymes with Angeline.  Maurie WalkerBanjo in Lakewood Colorado