[Dixielandjazz] Request

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Sat Dec 28 12:03:04 EST 2019

> At the eve of a new year that I wish very happy to all classical jazz
lovers, I would
> propose to my band a new tune "My Angeline" written by Jack Palmer and
recorded
> by The Mississippi Maulers in 1920 ...

> Could anybody have the leadsheet or chords of that tune?

Don't know whether these are the right tune or not. The one by Victor
Herbert is from 1895 and has the exact title; the one by Noble Sissle is
from 1919 but the title is "Goodnight, Angeline."

	https://digitalgallery.bgsu.edu/collections/item/32856

	https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100006636/ .

These are links to the original sheet music; you'll have to do a harmonic
analysis to get the correct chord symbols for them. Like most sheet music of
the era, chord symbols are not provided.

Jim O'Briant
Tuba / Leader
The Zinfandel Stompers Vintage Jazz Band