[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 17:44:17 EST 2019

Just back from a Benny Goodman tribute by  The Robert Anchpolovsky Quartet
at the new Shablul.  Mr. Anchopolovsky   studied. inter alia, with Phil
Wood, and played with a whole bunch of modernists - not exactly an
incentive for a traditional jazz fan.  But Mr. Anchopolovsky is s virtuoso
an can really play the clarinet.  The group played  numbers which the King
played and recorded over the years - Stompin' at the Savoy, Memories of
You, and various standards Goodman played over the years - After You've
Gone, As Long as I Live, and more - a solid hour and a half of well played
and very enjoyable music.
The only member of the quartet I can remember right now is the drummer
Amram David, who also plays with the Isadixie Band.