[Dixielandjazz] Not your standard post ...

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 16 11:23:48 EST 2019

But hey, why not?

Because a remotely few of you MIGHT have met her back in the mid- to late-90s days at a jazz festival (aha! a thin justification for mentioning it!), I thought I'd share that my mother (Maxine) died yesterday morning in Sparks, Nevada, at (for her) the unimaginable age of 91.  (Unimaginable, due to the overall issues of age, illness, etc.)

A further jazz connection?  She and Pop used to "close" the taverns, diners, and all 'round rowdy joints, on what is now Interstate 8 heading up into the San Diego mountains from El Centro, Ca, "fueling up" and jitterbugging as long as the proprietors would keep the jukebox plugged in as the sun seemed to rise above the horizon of yet another day they might (might, mind you!) rue the semi-illicit behavior of the night before.

She'dve been the ripe old age of (possibly) 18 at the time.  (Pop, just one slim year ahead of her.)

Back to regular programming. . . . , (and thanks for listening). . . . ,

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"Because that's the kind of guy, I'm." -- C Reiner, "Your Show of Shows", skit: "From Here to Obscurity".