[Dixielandjazz] Song "My Old Daddy"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 7 14:54:53 EST 2019

> I just listened to a new song for me called "My Old Daddy"  on Youtube sung by the wonderful singer Catherine Russell.

Good morning Barb,
And a fine rendition it is.

> Would anyone have a leadsheet  for this in B flat?

I will leave that to the experts.
It is not in 'Anderson' that I could find.

> Would appreciate very much any background information  on this tune.

The correct title is "My Old Daddy's Got A Brand Ne Way To Love".
Alberta Hunter recorded it for Victor on 26 February 1927 accompanied by its composer Mike Jackson on piano.
Here is the original.
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XCvrSW0ci0
Very kind regards,
Bill.