[Dixielandjazz] More on Chris

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 17 17:33:51 EDT 2019

> On 17 Aug 2019, at 6:55 PM, Marek Boym <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote: [In Part]
> The recordings of the Ben Cohen and Alex Revell band were reissued on a Black Lion double LP; wonderful music (and very different from the later band), but I do not recall as second trumpet.

Dear Marek,
It is there. However, in my email to Steve Voce I stated:

> ...based on biog information given to me by David some years ago:
> ...in January 1949 and David began rehearsing with Chris Barber's King Oliver-styled group... A year later the piano-less Barber Jazz Band (the one the public knows) successfully launched itself full blast onto the London scene."

I should have been more careful and checked my own and David Steven's memories with listmate Gerard Beilderman's definitive Chris Barber Discography.
The piano-less Chris Barber Band "the one the public knows" [on Decca] was launched SEVERAL years later. Mea culpa.
Cheers,
Bill.