[Dixielandjazz] Ted Shafer, RIP

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 8 17:49:07 EDT 2019

I will never forget the first time I met Ted.  It was over the phone, and it was (I think) 1995 or so.  I'd gotten my hands on one of his fliers advertising his currently available Merry Makers Record Company CDs, and called him.  It went something like this:

"Hello?"
"Hello!  Is this Mr Shafer?"
"No, Mr Shafer's my father and he's dead.  My name's Ted.  What's yours?"

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"Because that's the kind of guy, I'm." -- C Reiner, "Your Show of Shows", skit: "From Here to Obscurity".