[Dixielandjazz] Halfway House Orchestra "it belongs to you" request

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 4 03:03:12 EDT 2019

> Your mail will allow me to make a try with this this song which seams neither to be played ror to be sung. A short and personal revival...

Dear Alain,
There are three other recorded versions of the tune I know of:

• Ken Ingram's Society Syncopators (1971)	 		Stomp ROBB 006

• Chris Tyle's Silver Leaf Jazz Band (1996) With vocal	Good Time Jazz GTJ-15005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf28NMwtB8M

• One More Time Jazz Band (2006) 				Stomp Off CD1410

Plus this rendition by
Michael McQuaid's Halfway House Orchestra at the Whitely Bay Festival 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23INUI7JN1A
and
The Fat Babies Classic Jazz Band at the Bix Festival in 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5K5KlcEUwE

Have fun with your version.
Cheers,
Bill.