[Dixielandjazz] ancient blues

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 26 17:16:28 EDT 2019

cc GDM DGM AJ

I remember well Marty Grosz talking on-stage in Edinburgh about the work of discovering songs of considerable antiquity, and the arrival at his gate of a truck and a crane, the latter to lift the Smaragdine tablets from the back of the truck....
It seems that Val Wilmer, lady photographer of blues persons etc. and sometime owner of a rare LP I sold her, will have talked about such blues persons on BBC4 TV before the night is out.
I was reminded of Smaragdine Tablets by a BBC announcer, according to whom one of the persons featured in Val's spiel will be

Sister Rosetta STONE ....
Well, there was a Blues Classics label with numbers preceded BC ????Hallelujah!
but one would not say the announcer was Tharpe as a tack, even if one had a lisp!
Robert R. Calder