[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 18:59:12 EDT 2019

Tonight a couple of friends and I went to hear Eli and the Chocolate
Factory at Hoodna in Tel-Aviv.  Unfortunately, the joint was not  full to
capacity (60), but there it was not empty either.  The band served its
usual fare of standards.  But there sere surprises as well: "Tin Roof
Blues," for example, segued into "Creole Love Call."  "Si tu vois ma mere"
was among the numbers played, without a soprano sax , the tenor of Jess
Koren assuming its role. The music was hot, the atmosphere - good, so the
evening was very pleasant.
In addition to the three of us there was another elderly couple (the
husband was 84), so together we must have doubled the average age of the
audience.  Yes, unlike in other countries, here most jazz audiences are
young!
Cheers