[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 18:40:34 EDT 2019

I'm afraid I've been negligent!   On 18th March I went to hear Eli
Preminger and Danny Rosenfeld at the Beit Ha'amudim *Column House) in Tel
Aviv, with Jonathan Riklis on piano, Ram Erez on double bass and Yoni
Halevy - drums.
The small club was full to capacity, yours truly, as usual, seriously
increasing the average age of the public.  Yes, indeed, the jazz public in
Israel is younger than in the States of the UK!
The programme consisted mainly of well played  swing standards, with some
traditional standards thrown in for good measure.  It seemed to me that not
all the players were conversant with traditional jazz, but swing still
falls into the OKOM category.  perhaps not great, but very enjoyable.  Good
beer, too.
Cheers!