[Dixielandjazz] RV: Washington and Lee Swing

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Thu Sep 27 07:10:17 EDT 2018

Bill wrote:

>Good morning Gerard,

This is an odd one that came up a few weeks back when the List was
discussing the two versions of the Dukes' "Farewell Blues" on Audio Fidelity
AFLP 1823.

Now we have a similar situation with "Washington and Lee Swing".

I fully agree that the recordings are not the same (of the two I found on
YouTube).  I find it very curious that the Dukes made recordings of the same
tune with very little variation between the two versions.  Over the years,
we have recorded a tune previously recorded, but it was a live performances,
and the difference between the versions are great.  I see little sense in
recording the same song practically the same as already recorded.  Wonder
what the record company was thinking?  Weird!

Jim