[Dixielandjazz] Pronunciation

domitype domitype at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 21:47:42 EDT 2018

I recall hearing several BBC announcers say “sax-OFF-an-ist” to describe a saxophone player, I do not know if this is standard BritSpeak, but it sure seems strange to my ear.

On the other hand, I like that CLIO Street in NOLA (one of several Greek/Roman muses that have their own street names,) is often pronounced “C L Ten” by locals who have no idea what the name is about...

David Richoux