[Dixielandjazz] Who and Where We Are

Dave Stoddard safetydave1980 at att.net
Sun Sep 2 00:09:34 EDT 2018

1) Who are you?    Dave Stoddard

2) Where are you?  Round Rock, TX

3) Musician?  I play tuba, valve trombone and washboard.  I have been
playing traditional jazz since 1970, when I started a band at the University
of North Carolina.  I have been playing more or less continuously since
then, although there were a few years in the 1970s when I was looking for a
used tuba and had no horn to play.  I am currently President of the Austin
Traditional Jazz Society, lead the Silver Creek Jazz Band, and play with
several other groups, most notably La Grosse Tete.  Videos of both bands are
on YouTube.

4) When did you join this august list?  Judging from saved e-mails, it
appears I joined DJML in 2002.

---