[Dixielandjazz] Ted Heath

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 15 00:53:15 EDT 2018

> Gerard Bielderman <gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl> wrote:
> Marek, of course I’ve tried to find the missing info. I have – since 2000 – a provisional Ted Heath Discography compiled by Max Gray.
> The extra titles on the cassette were recorded more than once, so it is not possible to give an exact date.
> I’m sorry….

Dear Marek,
As you would expect, I also spent a few hours yesterday looking for your elusive source LP.
No luck either, although the 7 titles are on this 2-LP set:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TED-HEATH-HIS-MUSIC-THE-YEARS-OF-FAME-1952-64-Decca-2LP-UKs-Best-Big-Band

Ted Heath & His Music  The Years Of Fame  1979 Decca 2LP set  DPA3077/8

Disc 1 Signature - LISTEN TO MY MUSIC / KINGS CROSS CLIMAX/ Blacksmith Blues (vocal - Lita Roza) / Hot Toddy / The Hawk Talks /LULLABY OF BIRDLAND / Lush Slide (Trombone: Don Lusher) / Send For Henry / Stonehenge (Tenor sax:Don Rendell) / Cloudburst (Tenor sax: Don Rendell) / Malaguena / The Faithful Hussar / Hawaiian War Chant (drums: Ronnie Verrell) / Walking Shoes (vocal: Mel Torme) / Armen's Theme / Lullaby Of The Leaves (Trumpet: Eddie Blair) / Cool For Cats.
Disc 2  Swingin' Shepherd Blues / Tequila / STARDUST (Trumpets: Bobby Pratt & Bert Ezzard) / The Champ / Eloquence (Alto sax: Leslie Gilbert) / Sermonette / I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm / Cherokee / LIMEHOUSE BLUES (Piano: Stan Tracey) / Bag's Groove / DOODLIN' (Trombone: Keith Christie) / Beaulieu Abbey / BAKERLOO NON STOP (Trumpet: Kenny Baker) / Jubilation T. Cornpone / Bombay Duckling (TV 'Kipling' theme) / Johnny One Note.

Like you, I suspect that it could have come from an obscure 'cheap label' LP.
But not listed by Discogs or on the internet, that I could find.

Steve's Voce is spot-on regarding cassette collections and discographies. Not many include them.
Listmate Jack Mitchell (Australian Jazz On Record)  is one of the rare ones.
However, as a matter of interest I received the following from Discogs last week:
   https://blog.discogs.com/en/cassette/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=mktg&utm_campaign=mp_newsletter1810
Apparently, cassettes are now collectables.
Cheers,
Bill.