[Dixielandjazz] Ted Heath

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:54:19 EDT 2018

Upon my last visit to England I was given a big band cassette with a list
of tunes and soloists, but without the name of the band.  Knowing it was
Ted Heath was easy - one glance at the soloists was enough.
I have tracked the first LP - Ted Heath Swing Session, issued in 1959.  The
second was easy - the 100 Palladium Concert - I have the vinyl version,
albeit not the original issue.
The third one (only a part of it is on the cassette) I've failed to track
down.
The tracks on the cassette are:
Listen to My Music
Kings + Climax
Lullaby of Birdland
Strdust
Doodlin'
Bakerloo Non Stop
Limehouse Blues
The band includes Bobby Pratt, Bert Ezzard, Kenny Baker, Keith Christie and
Stan Tracy.  None of the Heath LP'slisted in Stan Tracey's discography fits
here.  Any help?
Cheers