[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz] Ukulele in dixieland

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 8 01:02:14 EDT 2018

Kirk,

I have a soprano ukulele that I restrung to C-G-E-A, the same notes as
on my tenor banjo. I bought two wound strings, C and G from Aquila Strings.

I am now playing that uke with a ukulele group in our church, and can
play melody lines and several chord inversions for each chord. So far my
alternative tuning has been tolerated. This gives the uke a more open sound.

Bruce

Message: 1