[Dixielandjazz] Detailed introduction to early jazz

Les Elkins leslie.r.elkins at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:54:44 EST 2018

I haven't had a chance to dig into the PDF, but at first glance it
certainly appears to be worth a read. Thanks for sharing.

For those of you for whom this is up your alley, here's another recent
publication that I can commend to the group: Jim Thornton's New Orleans
Trumpet Conservatory Method. I don't recall seeing it mentioned on DJML
before (though perhaps I missed it).

https://www.amazon.com/New-Orleans-Trumpet-Conservatory-Method/dp/0997661712/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542045194&sr=8-1&keywords=jim+thornton&dpID=61jTFfMepEL&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

-Les Elkins

--
"NEVER use a maj7 chord in any bar that is named after a deceased NASCAR
  driver, a large-calibre firearm, or an intoxicated farm animal."