[Dixielandjazz] Jean-Marc Montaut à San Francisco

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sat Mar 24 06:31:40 EDT 2018

Hello jazzers,

My friend and excellent pianist, Jean-Marc Montaut (pronounced Monto),
will be vacationing in San Francisco from April 9 to 21. Is there anyone
that can show him around a bit? Is there any jazz going on during that
period? Anyone want an excellent piano man with an exotic accent?

His English is decent and he is a down home, easy to get along with
kinda guy. Although he is French, his sense of humor tends towards Monty
Python or Mr. Bean.

Thank you for your indulgence. Any thoughts would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank beaucoup, Gary

A couple of clips - enjoy :

Pink Turtle is a group that plays pop tunes in a Louis Prima style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQyN8Nlut0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E08KLK9SZbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1NlugbxJY4

The Gigolos was Pink Turtle before they adopted the pop tune theme. Here
are a couple of clips with Lillian Boutté.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbGiGNfypeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQHJy_NrHwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqPrz118IIg

Jean-Marc can play about everything. Back in the 90's, we had a trio
with Richard Miller on cornet where we played strictly Bix tunes.
Jean-Marc is a passionate film buff. He can tell you anything about
almost any film ever produced. His own quartet play film music. Here are
a couple of clips from his CDs Drive-In (1, 2 & 3).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxwkHaFFf3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YOwXIeqVbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR41kF7-ai4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ld8eT1HWJA