[Dixielandjazz] Anyone know about this?

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Sat Mar 17 05:50:56 EDT 2018

Strangely, I received the following notification on the very day I had
received a similar notice (also from WeTransfer) from someone that I had
been expected to send me files:

"[Dixielandjazz] john at pvec.com sent you files via WeTransfer".

For those that may not know "WeTransfer" it is a way of receiving large
files, such as a large collection of photos, when the files are too large to
send in a normal email.

I looked up "pvec.com" which is Palos Verdes Engineering.  Palos Verdes is a
hop, skip & jump from my home town of Long Beach.  The principal engineer
there is a John Schuricht, who just may be a lurking musician on our little
list, but I still don't actually know him nor do I know why he would be
sending me files.  If you are on the list, John, please let yourself be
known!  And, my apologies for being suspicious of scams/viruses, but we all
need to be careful!

To receive a second notification on the same day, this time from someone I
don't recognize, but who seems to be on our mailing list (DJML) as per his
mailing address on the message sent to me, I found suspicious.  I have not
downloaded his files.  If someone on the list by the name of John DID send
me the files, please contact me and let me know.

Jim Kashishian