[Dixielandjazz] RV: Spanish ladies

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Thu Mar 8 04:35:18 EST 2018

Christopher wrote
>While on topic, here are some exceptional Spanish ladies:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjo75CFJjG4
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_26ehOFTo&feature=youtu.be

Hi, Christopher.  Yes, this crowd has been mentioned many times on djml since they first appeared on YouTube.  They're doing wonderful work in Barcelona.  Unfortunately, what goes on in Barcelona STAYS in Barcelona.  They have isolated themselves from the rest of the country for years.

While I have had (and still have) many contacts with Barcelona, it has been only on my business side (which is professional audio) dealing with film mixing studios and the Catalan tv and radio stations, there are NO contacts...period...with the music happening in Spain & our friends in the northern corner of the peninsula.  When you speak of music in Barcelona to someone in the rest of Spain, you might as well be saying music in the North Pole or somewhere else very distant.  It's been like that since I've been here (51 years now!).

While my band has played all over Spain, we have only played in Catalunya twice, and on both occasions we were hired by international companies for private parties held there.

Politics...getting in the way of music!  A shame.

Jim