[Dixielandjazz] Penzel Mueller (wooden) clarinet

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 1 20:43:10 EDT 2018

Dear Clarinet-playing Jazzmates,
I have received the following self-explanatory request from Peter Johnson (also a dear jazzmate) who runs the Riverside Jazz Band here in Sydney.
Who knows, there may what he wants, sitting unused in a case somewhere?
Cheers,
Bill.

"Hi Bill,
I’m having a Penzel Mueller (wooden) clarinet refurbished by Steve Giordino. It’s a post second world war model so probably dates to the late ‘40’s or ‘50’s.

It’s an Empire State model. I bought it a long time ago from Ebay. Unfortunately it doesn’t have any (tuning) barrel with it so I’m having to use a different barrel that I had lying around. It’d be nice to find an original Penzel Mueller barrel of standard (66 mm) length. I wonder if any of the members of your jazz group might have one surplus to requirements? Naturally I’d pay for it.
Best wishes
Pete."