[Dixielandjazz] Joseph Joey Pettegrew, RIP

domitype domitype domitype at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 22:32:20 EDT 2018

I have the sad duty to report on the passing of my good friend and fellow
jazz tuba player Joey Pettegrew. He was maybe not well known outside of the
Northern California Trad Jazz circles, but he was a major player in
Toot-Sweet Jazz Band, and played in many regional jazz festivals.

Joey and I shared many musical experiences in a variety of bands - some
that even had more than one tuba player! (He also played Flugelhorn.) Los
Trancos, California Repercussions, Smith's Slippery Gulch JB, Burning
Band...

Anyway, he will be really missed.

David Richoux