[Dixielandjazz] Sheet music request ’You’ve got something'' of Cole Porter. This tun

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jul 11 18:07:49 EDT 2018

> Jacques Covo <j.covo at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Wd somebody have the music for this tune?
> As I have the Anderson’s, I can to send him any music he may wish to have.

Good morning Jacques,
I seems that this music does exist.
There is a copy in the National Library of Australia:

•Uniform Title	Red, hot and blue. You've got something. Vocal score
Description	New York : Chappell & Co., c1936
1 score (5 p.) ; 30 cm.
Series
Pinne collection of songs and music.
Notes
For voice and piano with chords and symbols for ukulele, banjo and guitar.
Caption title.
"Vinton Freedley presents Red, hot and blue with Ethel Merman , Jimmy Durante and Bob Hope."--Cover.
"Book by Howard Lindsay and Russell Crouse, dances and ensembles by George Hale, play staged by Howard Lindsay."--Cover.
Stamped by G. Fred Kranz Music Co., 327 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD.
Pl. no. : C-650-4.

All we need now is to find a copy.

•It was recorded in 1936 as part of a medley on a 12" Victor 36190 record.
Refer to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8kOljZwQM

•Herewith details of the original Broadway production:
http://www.sondheimguide.com/porter/red.html
It was sung by Bob Hope and Jimmy Durante

•It looks like Amazon have a copy:
 https://www.amazon.com/Youve-Got-Something-Broadway-musical/dp/B004FL44BG

Good luck.
Cheers,