[Dixielandjazz] Art Hodes - The lost Sessions

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 23 00:57:06 EST 2018

> A friend of mine has six Hodes CDs' and has requested information thereon - dates, personnels.

Dear Marek.
Wow.
That is a tough request.
No details.
However, I suspect that he has the “Lost Sessions" Russian(?) produced ‘Jazz Highway’ CDs.
Probably taken from three 2005 Storyville DVDs, “Art Hodes’ Jazz Alley, Vols. 1, 2 & 3".

Track Listing
Title/Composer	Performer	Time
1
Squeeze Me
Fats Waller / Clarence Williams
Art Hodes
2
Hodes Blues
Art Hodes
Art Hodes
3
I've Found a New Baby
Jack Palmer / Spencer Williams
Art Hodes
4
Blues
Art Hodes
Art Hodes
5
Jazz Me Blues
Tom Delaney
Art Hodes
6
Farewell Blues
Elmer Schoebel
Art Hodes
7
Tiger Rag
Harry Da Costa / Eddie Edwards / Nick LaRocca / Henry W. Ragas / Tony Sbarbaro / Larry Shields
Art Hodes
8
I Remember Chicago
Art Hodes
Art Hodes
9
Sunday
Chester Conn / Benny Krueger / Ned Miller / Jule Styne
Art Hodes
10
Sweet Sue, Just You
Will J. Harris / Victor Young
Art Hodes
11
You Took Advantage of Me
Lorenz Hart / Richard Rodgers
Art Hodes
12
Three Little Words
Bert Kalmar / Harry Ruby
Art Hodes
13
Bud's Dream
Bud Freeman
Art Hodes
14
Blues for Lemon
Bud Freeman
Art Hodes

Vol 3
Title/Composer	Performer	Time
1
Introduction/Squeeze Me
Fats Waller / Clarence Williams
Art Hodes
2
Ballin' the Jack
James Henry Burris
Art Hodes
3
Someday Sweetheart
Benjamin Franklin Spikes / John Spikes
Art Hodes
4
I Got That Old Fashioned Love in My Heart
Cecil Mack
Art Hodes
5
Royal Garden Blues
Clarence Williams / Spencer Williams
Art Hodes
6
Blues
Art Hodes
Art Hodes
7
Introduction/Squeeze Me
Fats Waller / Clarence Williams
Art Hodes
8
Rose Room
Art Hickman / Clarence Williams
Art Hodes
9
High Society
Walter Melrose / Porter Steele
Art Hodes
10
Sweet Lorraine
Clifford R. Burwell / Mitchell Parish
Art Hodes
11
Perdido
Juan Tizol
Art Hodes
12
Blues
Art Hodes
Art Hodes
13
C Jam Blues
Duke Ellington
Art Hodes
14
Caravan
Duke Ellington / Irving Mills / Juan Tizol
Art Hodes
15
When It's Sleepy Time Down South
Clarence Muse
Art Hodes

****

Jazz Highway: Art Hodes The Lost Sessions, Vol. 1 - Part 1
Recorded Chicago 1968.

A.	Jimmy McPartland (t, vo), Pee Wee Russell, (cl), Hodes (p), R L 'Rails” Wilson (sb), Harry Hawthorne (d).
B.	Doc Evans (t), Hodes ℗, Bob Cousins (d).
C.	Nat Trottier (t), George Brunis (tb), Jimmy Granato (cl), Hodes (p), Truck Parham, (sb), Monte Mountjoy (d).
D.	Bud Freeman (ts),Hodes, R L 'Rails” Wilson (sb), (d).
E.	Smokey Stover (t), JC Higginbotham, (tb), Tony Parenti (cl), Hodes ℗, R L 'Rails” Wilson (sb)
1  China Boy	(3:350
2  St. James Infirmary	(5:56)
3  Oh! Baby	(4:06)

4
Meet Me In Chicago
8:18

5
Sugar
1:29

Jazz Highway: Art Hodes The Lost Sessions, Vol. 1 - Part 2

Singing The Blues
3:12

2
Once In A While
2:52

3
Squeeze Me
2:10

4
Buddy Bolden Blues
2:32

5
Wolverine Blues
2:15

6
Everybody Loves My baby
2:40

Sugar
2:32

Jazz Highway: Art Hodes The Lost Sessions, Vol. 2 - Part 1

I’ve Found a New Baby  5:14
Blues  5.28
Jazz Me Blues  4.01
Farewell Blues  3.20
Tiger Rag 1.54

Jazz Highway: Art Hodes The Lost Sessions, Vol. 2 - Part 2
I Remember Chicago  1.21
Sunday  4.01
Sweet Sue  4:55
Yo Took Advantage Of Me  4.11
Three Little Words  3:43
Blues For Lemon

Jazz Highway: Art Hodes The Lost Sessions, Vol. 3 - Part 1 - EP
Art Hodes

1
Ballin' The Jack
5:05

2
Someday Sweetheart
6:51

3
I Got That Old Fashioned Love In My Heart
8:00

4
Royal Garden Blues
5:29

5
Blues
1:02

Jazz Highway: Art Hodes The Lost Sessions, Vol. 3 - Part 2

1

Rose Room
03:05
2