[Dixielandjazz] Pensacola Jazz Room and library jazz activities. Your suggestions welcomed.

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 17:11:09 EST 2018

Norman, I think you guys have done a wonderful job with what I’m sure are limited resources versus what you now have.

My only suggestion regards instructional videos from great professionals. I have a number from different players including Wynton Marsalis and on the classical side, Tom Stevens, former principle from the LA Phil. One I don’t have yet but intend to get is from Warren Vache. I also have some great stuff from/about Clark Terry. I bought the DVDEs and then ripped them onto my computer since none of the CD/DVD machines talk to or indentify stuff for blind people. (Yes, I could put Braille labels on things, but now, all I have to do is search my computer for title and play it.)

Anyway, there are tons of instructional materials out there and I think they’re great for students. I have trumpet students study them along with normal instructional things.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL