[Dixielandjazz] Teddy Buckner cornet

cellblk7 at comcast.net cellblk7 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 5 13:12:11 EST 2018

Curious to know if any cornet players on this great list
can identify the cornet Teddy is playing on this tune.
Several years ago I bought Teddy Buckner's last cornet...a silver plated
Benge
on Ebay. I paid $500 plus shipping. In the case was a leather case for 4
cigars, about
35 business cards, a calendar book for up-coming gigs, a book of tunes
with keys, 2 well-worn mouthpieces, and along with the cornet was 5 LP's,
some still in shrink-wrap.
One of the LP's was autographed...
The bell of the cornet had been damaged and Dick Akright in Oakland
did his best to make it close to original.
I wish I had kept it...it looks like a Benge he is playing on this clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPdCL6wq0eg

Warm Regards,
Bob Romans,
https://www.cellblock7.net